SO I've already had 2 pickups of my CSA shares and the vegetables have been sooooooo flavorful. (Hazon helps to fund some Community Supported Agriculture arrangements including mine)
Is this what vegetables are suppossed to taste like? Many of them I had never cooked before, so I found recipes and instructions online. I also have some coworkers who participate in CSAs, so we compare recipes! I made a great orange/beet/arugala salad & mashed turnip recipe! Looking forward to my pick-up this Thursday after work. Hopefully I'll capture a picture to share with you. I am also heading to see Food Inc. with some coworkers after work this week, so my vegetables may be coming to the movies with me!
Bolded ones are newbies in my fridge!
-Carrots
-Cherry tomatoes
-French radishes
-Kale
-Cilantro
-Arugala
-Turnips
-Beets
-Radishes
-Spicy Mustard Greens
-Broccoli Rabe
-Snap Peas
-Garlic Scapes. Trying to figure out what to do with these. Maybe I'll make this
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment