Today I purchased a bike! Woo hoo. I bought a Trek Hybrid bike at Bicycle Habitat. Charlie and Derek were so helpful in making sure this was the best bike I needed for my (hopeful) commuting rides, small runs, and longer training to eventually ride the Hazon Bike Ride Labor Day weekend. I was able to easily test ride a couple of bikes outside the store. The best part was riding home. I was like 'oh my now I have to get this thing home---do I ride it?' So I rode through SOHO a bit, just on the bike routes & basically walked it to the East Side river trail to ride it home. I wasn’t going to maneuver the streets on NYC on my first day. Riding along the river made me feel like I was on vacation. The water, and skyline-- I really can’t wait for warmer weather. Smiling on my commute home was also a rarity in itself.
ps - It's all in the details...As a graphic designer let's not overlook the subtle design-y detailing on the bike :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment