Monday, April 27, 2009

40 MILES!!!

Yesterday I biked 40 miles with Batsheva. I biked up the West Side highway to meet her at 85th & Riverside. I nearly fell off my bike when I spotted someone carrying the Schlep bag I designed. Then we biked up Riverside Drive, over the George Washington Bridge, up to the Palisades Interstate and then back down the west side of Manhattan. Hello Engelwood Cliffs & Tenafly. I've recently looked at a map to see exactly where I was. Batsheva is a pro at these routes, as she has a Road Bike and does many long rides.

It was so eye opening to me to see the cycling culture. So many bike riders were out in packs along the Interstate & they had some great outfits on! I also loved how their shirts had compartments to store things. Where can I get one of those?

This is the longest I have ever ridden - especially on a day that reached into the high 80s! Getting home from UWS wasn't pretty as my legs were sooooooo DONE for the day! Still a bit sore today, but happy about achieving so many miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment